Every year, semi-trucks are involved in thousands of fatal crashes across the country, and New Mexico is no exception. But if you’ve been injured in an accident with a commercial truck and are preparing to recover compensation in court, it can be difficult to find a New Mexico truck accident lawyer to trust.
Unfortunately, some law firms won’t give you the personal attention and focus that your case deserves, or don’t have enough experience in truck accident cases to know all of the ins and outs of the law.
At Stewart + Harmonson, we combine our years of experience with our integrity and dedication to deliver real results for our clients. Below, we’ve compiled a list of tips to help you make sure you’re choosing the right lawyer for your truck accident case.
Why do I need a lawyer for my New Mexico 18-wheeler accident?
If you’re wondering why you need a personal injury lawyer for your truck accident case, here’s what an experienced truck accident attorney can help you with:
- Filing an insurance claim to avoid any problems with the insurance company
- Filing a lawsuit, if the insurance won’t cover your losses
- Gathering evidence to prepare for your lawsuit
- Representing you in court so that the jury awards you a fair settlement
The right lawyer will know how to navigate the complicated terrain of insurance companies, court systems, and legal requirements to make sure you receive the compensation you deserve.
But how do you know which lawyer is the “right” one?
How do I choose the right lawyer?
While we believe that our team at Stewart + Harmonson can give you everything you need, we want to make sure that you’re finding the best New Mexico law firm specifically suited to your case.
Here are 5 factors to consider when searching for the right lawyer:
- Years of experience: The more years of experience an attorney has, the more knowledgeable they are, not just about the law, but about the process of fighting for their clients. Your attorney will likely be facing off against insurance adjusters and corporate defense attorneys, so the more experience they have in and out of court, the better.
- Experience with truck accidents: In addition to the years that they’ve been practicing, your lawyer’s specific experience representing truck accident victims will be a very important resource for them to draw on. There are certain types of evidence you’ll need to gather and expert witnesses you’ll need to consult in order to support your claim in a truck accident case. An attorney who’s been there before will be able to help you through all of these specifics.
- Track record: If your attorney has a proven track record of delivering for their clients, you can rest easy knowing that you’re in good hands. This can include client testimonials, as well as hard facts about how much money your attorney has won for their clients in the past.
- Accessibility: One important aspect of a successful attorney-client relationship is frequent and clear communication. If an attorney is hard to get a hold of, or they take several days to get back to your email, that can slow down the process and make them a less vigilant representative for your case.
- Integrity: The way that your attorney approaches your case from a personal standpoint is important, as well. You want an attorney who cares about you and your family’s well being, who is dedicated to representing you to the best of their abilities, and not just making money. For example, at Stewart + Harmonson, we don’t charge our clients a cent unless we win.
Hire Stewart + Harmonson to represent you in your New Mexico truck accident case
At Stewart + Harmonson, we have a combined 40 years of experience helping clients, many of whom were injured in commercial truck accidents. We have the experience, track record, and integrity to make sure you receive all the compensation you deserve. Contact us today to schedule a free case consultation.